Sunday, July 8, 2012

Galería de Fotos - Lombok Indonesia

 (Click here for my iGALLERY catalogue)
  iDiveToday: Planning a Trip to Gili Trawangan, Lombok?

I deserve Lombok! :-)  Why not Bali? Valid question, but different story.

Why I needed Lombok so bad and why i deserve it so much?  Well, to start with, early this year I had to lead a 'big change' in the office.  Overall took about 6 months of sleepless nights, during the last few days I really felt how tired my mind and body was... literally my brain was shutting down.  So I have decided to take a Friday off and stay in Lombok over the weekend.  No plans at all and everything was just book day before the flight....


It was beautiful even though i didn't stay in the famous gillis of Lombok.  I only stayed in Mataram, 30 mins away from the airport by land.  I stayed at Novotel resort and its amazing, i couldn't really put words into what i saw and experienced.  The resort itself is awesome coz its kinda private and its not crowded.   The beach is beautiful, i spent the whole day laying at the beach - i got burned.  I didn't really care about sun block.  I just wanted to lay and think of nothing, relax and chill... and of course enjoy lots of mojito.



my literary is pretty simple; diving when we arrived (Friday), Novotel has certified diving center.  It was a bit murky under water, i think because the current is a bit strong.  I didn't see much sea creatures compared to thousand islands but overall good.  I dint have underwater camera/casing yet so i don't have photos. ;-(

SPA - amazing! 100% awesome!  one of the key highlights of my stay in Novotel.

BULE restaurant - famous in Maratam, nothing special, just simple food. :-)

SCOOTER / MOTORBIKE - rented a motor bike and went around the area. visited the beach on the other side of the mountain - best view and beach evaah.  Went up the hill to take the full view.  Virgin beach i must say.  No people there except me, my colleague and the surfer dudes. :-)








SUN BURN - is pretty much everything i had during my stay.  Amazing experience and I WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK and visit the gillis and do more DIVES!

This is my colleague from Atlanta office, she came to Indonesia for a business trip.





This is how Novotel looks in the afternoon - don't you just love it?


I have vlog for this but i haven't edited yet, soon I will upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment