Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Galería de Fotos - Chiang Mai Thailand

 (Click here for my iGALLERY catalogue)
  Back packing continues....

Reached the airport at around 5-6am, waited for our flight and ate burger king for breakfast.








After Bangkok, my friend Yeng and I went up to Chiang mai. 

We stayed in Royal Panerai Hotel which is very close to downtown (shopping areas, night life, etc).  Its cheap, if I remember it correctly we paid about 20USD per night (off peak).  But its not a high class hotel, its an 'okay', old hotel which my friend and I didn't mind because we're out whole day anyway.  




According to Tripadvisor the #1 must see attraction in Chiang Mai is the Flight of the Gibbon.  All reviews were positive and very exciting.  Note:  In Feb 2010, when we actually went there, Flight of the Gibbon was #1 but now (as I write this blog), its #12.  Im not quite sure why but I still highly recommend this to those who are visiting Chiang Mai.

Basically the concept is to mimic the flight of the gibbon.  You will be strapped and zip-line through the jungle, from one tree top to another.  Its extremely fun!  I'd love to do it again.

getting ready
Guide #1:  the corniest person that day
Guide #2:  not a single word from him... man with few words?


Safety first!  Thank God its NOT MADE IS CHINA!

This is where we put on our straps and where we ate our dinner.
made in France! that was a relief.
Not all trees have safety nets.  In case you fall, the gibbons will catch you.

The flight of the gibbon....


The gibbons, our group..


The view was just amazing...


Next blog:  Golden Triangle Chiang Mai Thailand



2 comments:

  1. Amazing photographs! which camera did you use in these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alan, I used Canon 500D. I also use canon powershot S95. :-)

    ReplyDelete